Saturday, May 31, 2008

Packing list

So these are the things that I've decided are crucial enough to take.  Lots of attention is being paid to keep this light and compact.  I just purchased this bag:
And that will be the extent of my luggage.  Here's what I'm planning on cramming in/on/around there...
  • Money belt
  • Passport (and copy)
  • Contact list
  • Visa (x2)
  • Printed plane ticket
  • Map of the first ~24h festivities
  • 2x Team Hump cycling kits
  • Cycling shoes
  • Running shoes
  • Flip flops
  • 2x Socks
  • Armwarmers
  • Legwarmers
  • Running shorts
  • Gore-tex stowaway jacket shell thingy
  • Underwear (1 pair)
  • Pants
  • Shirt
  • Camera w/ extra memory cards (3x 1 gb)
  • Garmin 305
  • iPod nano
  • Chargers (for the camera, iPod, Garmin)
  • First aid kit (road rash repair kit, plus some Aleve)
  • Toothbrush
  • Toothpaste
  • Bar of soap
  • Notebook for journaling/misc writing - preload into this phrases, list of highlights
  • Chamois (for use as a towel)
  • Sheet-liner-thinger
  • Helmet?
  • Glasses
  • Pocket knife
  • Patch kit
  • Multi tool
  • Tire levers
  • Tire boots
  • Tube
  • 2x CO2 cartriges, inflater
  • Allen wrench that's pedal sized
  • 2x Water bottles
That's about it...  I'll attach some photos as I see if I can get it in there.

No comments: