Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Packed!

Whoo!  So this afternoon is flying out time, so I thought I'd do some packing today.  Good news is, all my stuff nearly fits in my bag.

Better news is, all that stuff, including bag, weighs a scant 16 lbs.  So that's everything I'm taking but not wearing to the airport.  The clothes I wear to the airport will hopefully weigh not much more than that...  I'm still on the  fence about taking a second lock (a cable lock) and the big bulky sandals that I much prefer.  I may run out to Wal-Mart and get a little pair of $2 black flip flops, but maybe I'll just wear my $2 pink ones.  Or better yet, take them, and if I find a replacement pair, just toss them.  They were only $2 at Wal-Mart.  Or maybe I can donate them to some French/Spanish/Italian woman who has size extra-ginormous feet...

Here's Stacy all race-er....  No, she's not race-ready at all.  She's touring-ready.  Got the rack mounted, the map pouch on the handlebars, Mr. Tuffy tire liners, and the saddle-bag full of everything (hopefully) that I need to put her back together after she gets boxed.  I've transformed her from a ~17 lb accelerate-faster-than-a-sneeze sex machine rocket, to a 40 lb holymoly-I-can't-believe-I-thought-this-was-a-good-idea-to-climb-a-hill-on beast.

No comments: