Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I crack myself up...

And not just cycling through tiny old old old mountain towns where the people stop on the street to stare as I go by and I grin and yell, "Ciao!"

Today I decided to catch a train to like, Tuscany. So I go to the train station (and all this is mapless) and buy a ticket to Parma. Why to Parma you ask? I have no idea... It was like a 4h ride from Diano Marina to La Spezia where I was to change trains, and on that train ride I think to myself, "Self, do you have any idea where Parma is?" The answer is definitely no.

So I got to La Spezia and realized that I was on the right track, but catching that next train would have hosed me. So new ticket buoght, and now I have like 20 minutes until my train leaves to Viareggio. That's pretty close...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it to toscano. Be sure to check out forte di marmi (coast), montecatini, pisa, and lucca. If you want I can call my mom on her international cell phone and find out where she is if you want to try to coordinate a rendezvous.

justin said...

I'm now in Lucca! And thank you, but I have no phone or anything so coordinating a rendezvous seems tough...