Monday, June 16, 2008

Phew...

So tired, but it's my last night in Rome... How amazing. The end of this trip... Tonight I'm staying with this couple I met on the train from Siena to Roma who are FROM Austin and have lived in Rome for 2 years, but are moving back to Austin in 2 weeks. Crazy!

They are amazing and fantastic people and I'll write more about them, but for now, I'm going back out to see the Font de something something. The big one with mermaids.

Rome is ridiculous. I don't know how a èlace like this can exist. Simply amazing...

And I have a new lave for pavement. My body aches after riding Stacy around for hours and hours and hours on these cobblestones. Wowee.

To think, 12h20m from now my plane leaves back to Austin. I miss home a lot, but will certainly miss here. What an amazing trip... I'll spend most of the day Wednesday, I think, updating this blog and writing and recreating the route on Google maps, etc... Wow. I definitely found what I was looking for. And then some.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

whoa dude! I can't wait to hear all about it. Sounds like the time of your life! This blog needs some pictures.
love,
andrew

Misi said...

J.D. I agree you need some more picts. It sounds like you had the time of your life. I'm a bit jealous but, what can I say. Oh! - I've been to Samoa. Close right? Anyway - way to go.
Love ya tons,

Misi

Dave in transition said...

JD, welcome home! With mixed emotions I'm sure... we can't wait for the whole story but enjoy some sleep and rest and give us a call when you feel up to it...

Dad